Thursday, April 30, 2015

The only healthy trail mix recipe you'll need ;)

Hey everyone :)
I made this healthy trail mix a couple of weeks ago and it turned out great, so I thought I'd share it on my blog.
This is perfect to add to smoothies, cereal bowls, or even to nibble on during revision when your cravings start to kick in.
I've put mine in sealable jar, so it can last for weeks.
The ingredients below can vary according to your own personal preference, so what I used is simply just for guidelines.
Enjoy :)











Ingredients:

Nuts (crushed)
- Almonds
- Walnuts
- Cashews
Other options: Pistachios, peanuts, pecans
=> Go for unsalted, and unsweetened to keep sodium and sugar levels under control, respectively.

Dried fruit
- Goji Berries
Other options: Dried dates, apples, figs, blueberries, cherries, cranberries, banana chips, raisins
=> Again, I buy unsweetened dried fruit with as little preservatives as possible (or none at all, if that's an option).

Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
Other options: Sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds

Grains
- Granola Mix
Other options: Oats, wheat/ whole grain-cereal, pretzels
Gluten-free options: Crumbled up rice cakes, rice cereal, popcorn

'Sweeteners'
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut flakes
- Cinnamon
Other options: Chopped up chocolate, m&ms, yogurt-covered raisins and/or nuts, marshmallows
(Chose darker chocolate, for extra antioxidants)

Directions: Mix them all up together :)

I'd love to see any recreations of this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment